POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Media/Photons/Glass Question : Media/Photons/Glass Question Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:24:47 EDT (-0400)
  Media/Photons/Glass Question
From: Michael Raiford
Date: 5 Jan 2004 20:31:54
Message: <3ffa100a@news.povray.org>
I'm having some difficulty with scattering media:

The first problem has to deal with if I have spotlights instead of point
lights, the media turns to random noise.

The second problem is, When I get the scattering media just right, when I
wrap the object in a glass, it seems darker than it was.

The third problem, after compensating for the first problem, When photons
are turned on, it's either too dark or totally washed out and tends to look
a bit splotchy.

My current photons setup is as folows:

            photons
            {